Take off your headphone for a sec. T-Rex will still be there when you unpause.
Thanks for your attention. So! Hi! I’m Chris Serico, and I’ll be chipping in for the Listening Room blog. To paraphrase the great Troy McLure, you might remember me from such LoHud.com blogs as Suburbarazzi and Remote Access.
Some other music-related facts about me:
• According to my mother, I used to sing Air Supply songs when I was 2. I’ve been apologizing ever since.
• I love to brainstorm fake band names, going so far as launching a rarely updated Facebook page. Come on: You know you want to see Kathleen Turner Overdrive* appear at Coachella. (*One of my college acquaintances came up with that fake band name; I wish I had!)
• I have an appreciation for most music genres, and I am not a music snob. In fact, I’m a staunch defender of (good) mainstream pop music. Remember that some popular things, especially indoor plumbing and air conditioning, are popular for a reason.
• My favorite band of all time is the Police, and I was on hand for their last formal concert at MSG — where a roadie dressed in drag as “the fat lady” to officially wrap their comeback (for now).
• My other favorite bands and artists include U2, Stone Temple Pilots, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, INXS and Jay-Z. If you tell me they’re terrible, your favorite band is terrible.
• I’ve sung in a cappella groups — the Boston College Acoustics and New York City’s Unsung Heroes — for 13 of the last 15 years. Remind me to tell you the story of how I sang backup (OK, just that one time) for Kenny Rogers.
That should suffice for now. Thanks for allowing me to stage-dive into this music conversation on the Webternets! I’m hoping you’ll be the mosh pit that will let me glide gracefully, rather than grope me in sensitive regions and steal my wallet.